How to Get Started

If someone for whom you provide care (e.g., an aging parent or spouse) needs more help due to chronic illness, disability or dementia, please contact your Health Authority.

Fair Haven Homes Society is contracted through the Health Authorities to provide Long-Term Care for clients with complex care needs. The Health Authorities are responsible for arranging the admissions and determining the resident fees.

The Case Manager from the Health Authority will conduct a thorough standardized assessment of the person’s need and urgency for residential care to determine eligibility for admission.

If you or your loved one is currently in a hospital, please contact the Hospital Social Worker.


Tours of the Fair Haven Care facilities are cancelled due to COVID-19, please use the “virtual tour links” below.


To have someone admitted to either Fair Haven Vancouver or Fair Haven Burnaby, you must apply through your local Health Authority.

If you live in Burnaby, please contact:

Fraser Health Residential Care at 1-855-412-2121 or visit their website at


Vancouver residents, please contact:

Vancouver Coastal Health Residential Care at 604-263-7377 or check the web site at


Burnaby Lodge – Virtual Tour



Vancouver Lodge- Virtual Tour