Please schedule a virtual visit or window visit by emailing the neighbourhood or calling:
Visiting Guidelines at Fair Haven
Visiting loved ones during the pandemic is guided by Provincial and Local Public Health Officers. The rules and guidelines may change to accommodate community or care home needs.
Fair Haven values the integral role families play in the life of residents and is committed to encouraging safe visitations as much as possible.
OCTOBER 15, 2022 UPDATE: VISITOR PROTOCOLS ARE STILL IN PLACE
- All social visits must be booked ahead of time, either through our online booking system or by calling our Recreation team. Visits continued to be spaced to allow time for rapid antigen tests to be completed.
- Visitors must be fully vaccinated and present their vaccine passport during screening.
- Visitors must be screened and take a rapid antigen test at the screening desk prior to entering the facility (children under 12 do not need to be tested).
- Regular visitors will be provided rapid tests to take home and complete before they come to visit, if comfortable to do themselves. Rapid tests done at home must be done within 48 hours of the visit. Please bring the negative test result to show the screener with the date and time of the test. If the test is positive, please follow BCCDC guidelines by isolating and managing your symptoms.
- Visitors must wear a mask while inside the facility.
- Visits will take place in the resident’s room.
- Hand hygiene rules must be followed.
- Please follow physical distancing recommendations.
* NOTE: The lifting of the provincial mask mandate does not apply to healthcare facilities including long-term care homes.
Please note, we are reviewing all special visitation requests to see if they are still required.
Click here to learn How to Administer a Rapid Antigen Test
If you have a unique situation, please reach out to the Nurse Leadership Team for assistance..