Events and News
Improvements taking place at Fair Haven Burnaby
2nd Floor Renovation (August 1st- September 23rd)
- The second floor dining room is being updated to include new flooring, new lounge spaces and a redesign of the area.
- The work will last approximately 3 months and will happen in 2 phases.
- Phase 1 will begin in Aug, the current 2nd floor lounge space will be closed off for construction.
- Dining seating will be adjusted to accommodate the change during construction.
- Recreation activities will occur in different location throughout the building.
New Front Door (August 12th-13th)
- We will be replacing the front door.
- The activity will take 2 days to replace the securing and lock system and the doors themselves.
- To ensure security of the residents we will have to completely block off the exit during the replacement.
- Families will have to use the side staff entrance during this time.
New Patio Railings (August 19th-31st)
- This will add new exterior railing to the south deck to ensure safety and security for all residents.
- The actual installation should not disrupt care activities as the work is on the exterior of the building.
- After completion we will be able to reopen the south deck to residents and families.
Elevator Upgrades (September 1st-December 1st)
- Both elevators will be upgraded with new mechanisms and finishes.
- Work will occur on one elevator at a time to limit the inconvenience for families and staff.